The mapwith.us site contains: (1) the information pages about our products and services (2) the "Account" Portal that allows you to log in, (2a) the "My Profile" portal that configures the mapwith.us web and mobile products and (2b) "My Maps" portal that launches the powerful web based mapping tool suite.
Note: The "My Profile" and "My Maps" portals do not appear until you log in via the "Account" Portal. The account portal log in is located in the upper right portion of the webpage.
Below is a list of the many options you will find on the mapwith.us homepage. Follow the links below for more detailed information about specific sections of the site.
Note: You may need to allow pop-ups from mapwith.us in your browser for all features to work properly
Before you have logged in, the Account Portal in the top right allows you to log in or sign up for an account. Once logged in, your avatar image will appear, and the links described below will lead you to the "My Maps" or "My Profile" pages.
- My Maps
- The My Maps link allows you to see all maps you are currently managing on mapwith.us. When you click on a map for viewing or editing, a new browser window opens with the map and a tool suite. By default some browsers restrict opening new windows and pop ups, make sure you update your settings give mapwith.us the proper permissions.
- This link will log you out of MapWithUs. Once you have logged out you will not have access to any editing privileges.
- The Home button takes you back to our main page, what you see when you direct your browser to http://mapwith.us. This page provides an overview of the site and the services we offer.
mapwith.us Web Toolkit
When you create new maps or click on a map from the "My Maps" page, the editor will open in a new tab. The editor is the primary tool for viewing and managing your map data. Check out Map Tools And Settings to find a comprehensive description of the map editor.
- Map Editor (new experimental)
- The Map Editor (new experimental) is our new improved editor that allows you to edit layers, hierarchies, map data, items and more. The main difference between our old editor and new editor is that you can use multiple base layer APIs including OpenStreetMaps, ESRI, Google, Bing, and more.
Mapwith.us Mobile is the Android and iOS app counterpart to mapwith.us Web. Mapwith.us mobile allows users to collect, view, and edit location based information from a mobile device. Mapwith.us Mobile is a completely configurable app. The look and feel, and workflow can be configured from mapwith.us web. Visit the mapwith.us website and navigate to Profile>Group>Mobile to configure your mobile application. Mapwith.us web also works on and offline allowing users to cache maps and mapping data and sync when connectivity is available.
The mobile app is simple yet powerful. The following pages describe the functionality of the user interface.
- This button sends a message to your phones location services (GPS, wifi, cell) to find your current location. The button's label can be changed in the Profile>Group>Mobile settings on mapwith.us web. When this button is pressed, the label disappears, and accuracy information is shown, until the devices location services returns an acceptable location.
- Pin Drop
- This button creates a map item. The map item is temporary until it is saved using the Uploads button. The functionality can be modified using mapwith.us web. For example, by default when a pin is dropped, a menu of all data types shows up allowing you to create a simple or complex web item. However, you can change this by setting a default Template. When a default template is set, a custom data form pops up immediately after the pin drop, streamlining your data collection process.
If you are just getting started or curious to see the site in action, take a look at our short and informative Video tutorials. These are currently out of date, but should still be useful to new users.
Listed below are links to other tutorial articles written to explain how to perform common tasks.
If you still can't find the information you are looking for, take a look around the Geomonkey forums. We will do our best to get back to you quickly with a personalized response to your question.